MC Family Support can offer regular support, friendship and practical help to families under stress helping to prevent family crisis or breakdown.
Our volunteers (who are parents or have parenting experience) understand that sometimes family life can be tough and that is why their support can be so valuable in helping another family.
Our volunteers are central to MC Family Support service; we could not offer families the same support without them.
What do MC Family Support Volunteers do?
- Volunteers aim to build the confidence and independence of the family by offering support, friendship and practical help.
- Committing to a minimum of 2-3 hours per week home-visiting according to the family’s needs.
- Visiting the families in their own homes, where the dignity and identity of each individual can be respected and protected.
- Reassuring families that difficulties in bringing up children are not unusual.
- Emphasising the positive aspects of family life.
- Developing a relationship with the family in which time can be shared and an understanding developed, providing a regular, reliable presence in that family.
- Drawing on their own experience of parenting to encourage parents strengths & emotional well-being for the ultimate benefit of their own children.
- Encouraging families to widen their network of relationships and to use effectively the support and services available in the community.
If you would like to volunteer for MC Family Support, please fill in form below..
© Copyright Mulligan Community 2018 - Mulligan Community C.I.C. Limited by Guarantee (9138176) started for Charitable Purposes. VAT No: 221 992604